Re: [O] stable org-plus-contrib

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] stable org-plus-contrib
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 13:00:18 +0000

On Thu, May 11, 2017, 8:20 AM Phillip Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

Really? That's rather confusing. So, it means that a bug here is a bug
in a release version?

Well, a bug's not a bug till it is seen :)

What is the buggy behavior that you find in the Elpa version?

Simply put, the Melpa version has the latest weekly cut from the maint branch (minus the contrib packages), the org Elpa version is the same but with contrib packages. So those are stable versions. If one finds a bug in those, then they get fixed when reported.

New big features get added to the master (devel) branch.

That said, I have been using the master branch as my daily driver for over a year. As of now I don't see any bug that affects my workflow.
--

Kaushal Modi