Re: [O] Migrating to org-mode - question on lists

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Migrating to org-mode - question on lists
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 15:14:54 -0400

This sounds like what TODO keywords are for. For example:

You can easily change the TODO state with shift-left/right on each heading.

#+TODO: TODO CLARIFY | CANCELLED DONE

* top-level task
** TODO something I haven't done yet
*** DONE something I've already done
    CLOSED: [2017-05-14 Sun 15:12]
**** TODO a minor improvement that I haven't done yet
* CANCELLED something I decided isn't worth doing
  CLOSED: [2017-05-14 Sun 15:13]
* CLARIFY something that needs further clarification

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering