Re: [O] popup buffer showing buffers headings?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] popup buffer showing buffers headings?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 11:15:21 +0000

On Thu, May 25, 2017, 5:55 AM Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> wrote:

Is it possible to have a buffer showing the headers of a file in a
buffer in a popup window to the left of the main window in org-mode
please?

Yes, there is a package that does that. Check out imenu-list.

We already have 'neotree' but that just shows the files in a directory.
What I'm looking for is something like 'Imenu' but in a popup buffer,

Yup, exactly that.

which is activated in something like 'M-F8' and displays, and then when
'M-F8' is used again it closes the popup.

M-x imenu-list does that by default. You can bind a key of your choice to that.

Ideally, this could be used for any buffer that is being used, whether
its latex, mediawiki, or whatever, although possibly not for gnus.

Yes, this package is generic, for imenu.

That said, for the purpose of jumping to headings, I like the newly added counsel-org-goto command added to the counsel package.
--

Kaushal Modi