Re: [O] Bug: buffer local variables handled wrong [9.0.5 (release_9.0.5-

From: Stefan-W. Hahn
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: buffer local variables handled wrong [9.0.5 (release_9.0.5-497-g5bc540 @ /home/hs/.emacs.d/lib/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 08:57:33 +0200

Mail von Nicolas Goaziou, Sat, 03 Jun 2017 at 22:46:01 +0200:

Good morning,

> > This error comes from org-clone-local-variables, because there the
> > prediction for local variables is always to be a list.
>
> Fixed. Thank you for the report and the analysis.

Thanks.

Because for me pcase is magic, I tried to understand your corretion of the
code.

To understand it I expanded the pcase form with (macrostep-expand), e.g. in
org-agenda-mode:

,----
| (defun org-agenda-mode ()
|          (mapc #'make-local-variable org-agenda-local-vars)
|          (dolist (elem save)
|            (if
|                (consp elem)
|                (let*
|                    ((x
|                      (car elem))
|                     (x
|                      (cdr elem)))
|                  (if
|                      (consp x)
|                      (let*
|                          ((x
|                            (car x))
|                           (x
|                            (cdr x)))
|                        (if
|                            (null x)
|                            (let
|                                ((val x)
|                                 (var x))
|                              (when
|                                  (and val
|                                       (memq var org-agenda-local-vars))
|                                (set var val)))
|                          nil))
|                    nil))
|              nil)))
|        (setq-local org-agenda-this-buffer-is-sticky t))
`----

for me it looks not correct, because var and val get expanded to (cdr
(cdr elem)).

Also the second one

,----
| (defun org-clone-local-variables (from-buffer &optional regexp)
|   (dolist (pair (buffer-local-variables from-buffer))
|     (if
|       (consp pair)
|       (let*
|           ((x
|             (car pair))
|            (x
|             (cdr pair)))
|         (if
|             (consp x)
|             (let*
|                 ((x
|                   (cdr x)))
|               (if
|                   (null x)
|                   (let
|                       ((name x))
|                     (when
|                         (and
|                          (not
|                           (memq name org-unique-local-variables))
|                          (or
|                           (null regexp)
|                           (string-match-p regexp
|                                           (symbol-name name))))
|                       (set
|                        (make-local-variable name)
|                        (cdr pair))))
|                 nil))
|           nil))
|       nil)))
`----

here name get expanded to (cdr (cdr pair)).

For me both cases don't look correct or do I missinterpret something?

With kind regards,
Stefan

--
Stefan-W. Hahn                          It is easy to make things.
                                        It is hard to make things simple.