Re: [O] Custom keymaps on org blocks

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Custom keymaps on org blocks
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 06:58:17 -0600

Nicolas Goaziou writes:

> Hello,
>
> John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there any interest in having custom keymaps on org blocks?
>>
>> The idea I had is to have the option to make the major-mode keymaps be
>> active on the src blocks.
>
> There is already `org-babel-do-key-sequence-in-edit-buffer', i.e., C-c
> C-v C-x.

For once in a while uses this works, but this isn't really a solution
for key-bindings that are composable, e.g. in lispy. There you can use
single key-presses to navigate, rearrange, insert code, etc...

Also it adds three chords to every key-binding out of the box, it would
be fewer keys to just go to special edit mode unless you make a simpler
key definition!

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F