Re: [O] insert cell inside an org-mode table?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] insert cell inside an org-mode table?
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 08:58:11 -0600

I don't totally understand what you want to do. You can insert a row or column into a table.

    org-table-insert-column
    org-table-insert-row

Are you trying to do something different than that?

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 6:31 AM, Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> wrote:

I maintain my 'DrugFacts' website in mediawiki. I write my article in
org-mode, export to mediawiki, correct the citations, then cut and paste
into my mediawiki page. And it all works very well.

But the front-page is a right swine! Here is the first two rows of my mediawiki front-page -

{| <!-- class="wikitable" -->
| '''Illegal'''
| '''Category's'''
| '''Legal'''
| '''Prescription only'''
| '''Substitute'''
| '''Others'''
|-
|* [[Amphetamines]]
|* [[:Category:Anaesthetics|Anaesthetics]]
|* [[Alcohol]]
|* [[Alprazolam]]
|* [[Buprenorphine]]
|* [[Flumazenil]]
|-

And because writing mediawiki tables leads to brain damage, and a desire
to consume 6 pints of beer as the world is going to end in ten minutes,
according to Douglas Adams and Ford Prefect, I'm intending to create the
table in org-mode and then export to mediawiki, correct as necessary,
and upload. Which brings me to my question.

Is it possible to insert a cell *inside* an org-mode table please, and
auto-shuffle other rows/columns about to fit? According to the 'Table'
menu in emacs, there isn't a way of doing it, and neither does the
org-mode manual say that it can be done. But perhaps other people have
found a way of doing it please?

Hopefully thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7