Re: [O] Minor addition to Speed Keys info node

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Minor addition to Speed Keys info node
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 10:02:55 +0000

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017, 6:56 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Why would you? It is a good habit to merge maint into master after
a patch.

Just because I cannot always be sure that all the commits made by someone else in maint branch are applicable in master branch too.

I didn't do it for my own commit because I'm about to commit
something else and wanted to reduce a bit the number of merge commits.

Thanks, that makes sense.

So typically one wouldn't come across a decision point if they should or shouldn't merge the maint branch commits made by someone else.

And in the case there are commits that should not be merged to master, you just cherry-pick, right?
--

Kaushal Modi