Re: [O] How to export LaTeX amsmath align bmatrix to ODT?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] How to export LaTeX amsmath align bmatrix to ODT?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:10:21 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> On 2017-06-10 05:13, address@hidden wrote:
>> On 2017-06-10 04:54, address@hidden wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have been making progress with my export procedure to ODT. I would
>>> like to know if someone knows how to export the following LaTeX block
>>> to ODT correctly:
>>>
>>> \[\begin{align} \begin{bmatrix} a = 1 & b=2 \\ c=3 & d = 4
>>> \end{bmatrix} \end{align}\]
>>> https://www.vfemail.net/roundcube/?_task=mail&_action=compose&_id=289067995593b7fd683a1f#
>>> \[\begin{align}  a = & 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 \\ c = &  4 \end{bmatrix}
>>> \end{align}\]

I'm a bit lost here. In particular, I'm able to export the example above
out-of-the-box, provided I add "#+options: tex:dvipng" or some such in
the document.

> For the record, I had modified org-preview-latex-process-alist to get
> custom symbols, and this got in the way of the LaTeX bmatrix
> environment (I don't know how; I was loading a file with
> with :latex-header as "\\input{preamble.tex}").
>
> My partial answer (it is partial, because the \tensor preview renders
> in a different color than the rest of symbols): Instead of modifying
> org-preview-latex-process-alist, the answer I modified
> org-format-tex-header. I added the following at the end of M-x
> customize-variable org-format-tex-header (I leave it here for
> posterity; I added some symbols: tensor, derivative, vector, Roman
> numeral, etc.)

I don't think you need to modify `org-format-latex-header' at all. There
is `org-latex-packages-alist' for that.

So, is there a bug in the ODT export back-end? If so, could you post an
ECM? Loads of LaTeX code doesn't help understanding the issue.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou