Re: [O] Asks user what to do with each tangle-file before overriding?

From: Chunyang Xu
Subject: Re: [O] Asks user what to do with each tangle-file before overriding?
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 19:21:23 +0800

[...]

> I don't think it is a good idea to have file that can be both edited
> manually, and auto-generated (i.e., tangled). Or, to put it differently,
> the idea behind tangling is that you only handle the code block, not the
> file itself.

I still think overriding exist files is dangerous, user can lost data
because of it, so it should be safer if org-babel-tangle can let user
decide how to deal with it.

Besides, if a code block is not changed and I have already tangled it
before, I don't want org-babel-tangle to update the last modified
timestamp of the tangle-file every time I tangle, as along as there is
no actual changes. It is simply unnecessary to me and makes the last
modified timestamp more or less useless. So I would like
org-babel-tangle let me choose what I want.

[...]