Re: [O] Status line change?

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [O] Status line change?
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 02:53:42 +0200

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 08:27:41PM -0400, Kyle Meyer wrote:
> Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Since I recently upgraded my Org from an ancient v7 to 9.0.5, I noticed
> > that when I use C-c C-t to change a headline to
> > DONE that I no longer see a message on the status bar indicating it was
> > changed. The lack of feedback makes me often go
> > up to the headline to confirm that it changed.
>
> Testing with 9.0.5 and 9.0.9, I see a "TODO state changed to DONE"
> message in the echo area, which I think is what you're referring to.
> Not sure what the issue would be.  You could check if you see the
> message in your *Messages* buffer.  If you do, then a subsequent message
> is may be masking it.  You could also debug org-todo to verify that the
> "(message "TODO state changed to %s" (org-trim next))" line is being
> executed.

I just tested it again, and the key is if the headline is on the screen I see a
status message. If the headline is off
screen there is no update on the status line. That's why it's an annoyance, I
have to scroll back several screens to
confirm it changes to DONE.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden