Re: [O] org-protocol documentation

From: Mario Martelli
Subject: Re: [O] org-protocol documentation
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:50:10 +0200

Hi,

Am 22.06.2017 um 22:03 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>:

So as to ease the reviewing process, could you send it on the ML with
git format-patch sub-command?

sure. I would like to add an example using the subprotocol “open-source” for hugo. If that sounds ok for you.
For that I would need “open-source” working, of course.

Also, I suggest using ox-texinfo from development version, if you can,
as the Texinfo output should be superior.

have to set that up first. But I think I will need it anyway. ;)

I assume a bug around Line 527 in org-protocol.el

     (let* ((base-url (plist-get (cdr prolist) :base-url))
—>               (wsearch (regexp-quote base-url)))           <—

Could anyone confirm that? I’m unsure whether it might be a local misconfiguration on my side or not.

Confirm what?

That “open-source" is not working and is failing silently.

Why do you think there is a bug in the line above?

Because I’m not experienced with elisp ;)

I dug a little deeper and do now assume that there *might* be something wrong with “f” which is created in line 523

(f (plist-get (org-protocol-parse-parameters fname nil '(:url)) :url)))

and which has “http:” as value if I’m using old style URIs and the whole URL (“http:/orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-import-rtm.html” in my example) if I’m using new style URIs.
I assume “f” should be set to the base-url ("http:/orgmode.org/worg/“ in my case).

Given that, the test in line 529

(when (string-match wsearch f)

fails all the time causing the function to fail silently.

Thank you for being patient with me. At the moment I’m seeing parenthesises and backslashes everywhere :)

Kind regards
Mario
—