Re: [O] bug?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] bug?
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:36:51 +0200

Hello,

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> I think there is a bug with invisible edits.
>
> In org 8.2.10 if I set this:
>
> (setq org-catch-invisible-edits 'smart) ; or show
>
> and have org-toggle-pretty-entities active, then if there is no headline
> before point, with the point here:
>
> NH^{3}
>       ^
>
> I get outline-back-to-heading: Before first heading if I try to type anything.
>
> I also get this same error in org 9.0.7. It only happens with the 3
> wrapped in {}.
>
> That seems like a bug to me.

Fixed, somewhat.

I think `org-check-before-invisible-edit' deserves some discussion about
its specifications. As-is, it contains logic errors. For example, if you
try to edit text near invisible text and you happen to have invisible
custom properties somewhere else in the buffer, the properties are going
to be made visible but not the invisible text at point.

I would be happy to fix this, but need to think about what is expected,
e.g. when we are editing something near an invisible link or, as in your
example, sub/superscript.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou