Re: [O] Org now failing on HTML export

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Org now failing on HTML export
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 18:43:35 +0000

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 2:07 PM Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:

I've been using org 9.0.7/GNU Emacs 25.1.1 on Mac OS X for a while, and successfully exporting HTML to copy and paste into my blog.
However, in the last day or so, this started failing. I'm unaware of having changed anything in my configuration.

The error is ...

Here's the entire file I'm using ...

+============
Does this work at all?
+============

Here's the debug traceback ...

+============
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp #("org test" 0 8 (:parent (#1))))

You have the classic case of mixed Org installations, would be my guess.

I haven't seen this issue myself but it's a well-known issue with mixed Org installations.

Best way that I have seen to work is to delete (M)Elpa installed Org completely and install it again, but in an emacs -Q session, or do C-u M-x org-reload, and then delete->reinstall Org.

Reference[1]

[1]:https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-08/msg00318.html

More references: [2]. [3], [4], [5]

[2]: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/16616/115