Re: [O] org babel, ess, R

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] org babel, ess, R
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 07:58:15 +0530

for what it's worth, I usually run two windows (in the same frame), side-by-side, with emacs maximised.
On the left I have my org file and on the right I have an R session, which I start immediately after I open my org file.
When I use C-c ' on an R source block, the org buffer (on the left) is replaced by by the source code edit buffer - leaving the R-session on the right untouched.
That way I can either evaluate a whole code block (from org using C-c C-c) or go through the source code line-by-line (using ESS).
Seems like that's what you want to do, too.
Anyway, just my two cents worth, in case it helps.

Thanks Andreas. I am perhaps being to finicky. The problem with your approach is that you would end up permanently losing screen space for the R session. I don’t want the R session obstructing my writing when I am not working on code blocks. Ideally, the R session should appear only when I am editing the code blocks in an edit buffer.

Vikas