Re: [O] org mode moves to GNU emacs core

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] org mode moves to GNU emacs core
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 11:20:23 +0200

"ESF" == Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

ESF> On Monday,  3 Jul 2017 at 08:33, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> But the release cycles are very different, so in order to have always
>> the latest stable org package, I need to compile and install the whole
>> GNU emacs beast. I thought the whole idea of a package system is to
>> avoid this headache.

ESF> I agree.  I like tracking org development but would not be at all keen
ESF> on tracking emacs in the same way.  I was actually quite disappointed
ESF> when gnus went into emacs master as I can no longer easily play with any
ESF> experimental branches etc.

Same here. I stopped trying to debug some gnus issues when I could no
longer easily compile and install new versions independently of emacs.
(I use a port of emacs for macOS, so I cannot simply recompile emacs. I
need to wait until the changes are incorporated in that port.) It would
be too bad if the same happened with org mode.

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2017-05: 409.65, 2016-05: 407.70