[O] Easy Templates

From: William McCoy
Subject: [O] Easy Templates
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 16:02:52 -0400

I am fairly new to orgmode and I have just begun trying to use source code blocks. I have a simple question that is not made clear in the Orgmode Manual.

The manual states that to insert an Easy Template for a source code block, use:

and then

to label it for LaTeX. But I cannot find anywhere in the manual where the `<<>' is explained. The section on typographical conventions says nothing about this.

Can someone tell exactly what to type to insert a template for, say, LaTeX or emacs-lisp?

Thanks, Bill