Re: [O] [Bug Report] wrong item is modified when multiple frames are ope

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug Report] wrong item is modified when multiple frames are open
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 16:46:38 +0200

Hello,

Anders Papitto <address@hidden> writes:

> I have org version 9.0.3 (and I've been noticing this the whole time I've
> used org - only just now reporting it), and this is 100% consistent for me.
>
> I often have two client frames open, connected to the same emacs daemon.
> One frame will be displaying the org agenda (I'll call this Frame 1), while
> the other (Frame 2) displays one of the backing org files (e.g. ~/org/
> todo.org in my case).
>
> When both are open, and I attempt to reschedule an entry through the agenda
> view (so, I have Frame 1 focused, and I enter all my commands there - in
> this case, with M-x org-agenda-schedule), everything initially appears to
> be working. I get the minibuffer prompt to enter a new time, which is
> correctly defaulted to the time of the entry I'm on (in Frame 1). However,
> once I hit Enter to complete the action, it's applied as though I had Frame
> 2 focused. Whichever line my cursor is on in the todo.org buffer in Frame 2
> is rescheduled, while the entry my cursor is on in Frame 1 is unmodified.
>
> If I close Frame 2, everything works perfectly.
>
> I assume that there's some logic that figures out where in the actual
> backing org files to apply modifications that the user makes to entries in
> the agenda view, and that logic is broken when the backing file is
> displayed in another (unfocused) emacs frame.
>
> I run emacs on a Linux (NixOS) system, using i3 4.13 as a window
> manager.

FWIW, I cannot reproduce it.

More precisely, I have the agenda on one frame, and an agenda file
displayed in another one. Using "C-c C-s" on an agenda entry correctly
updates the entry associated with the current agenda line, not one in
the other frame.

Have you tried to reproduce it with "emacs -q", i.e., ignoring any
configuration on your side?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou