Re: [O] Finding calc/elisp methods

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [O] Finding calc/elisp methods
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2017 15:22:57 -0300

Hi, you can find such information in the Calc Mode info pages:

[[info:calc]]

Avoid the commands between parenthesis which start with "calc-" because
these are actually Emacs Lisp procedures --- if you would really need to
use such, you would have to write the formula as a Emacs Lisp notation
and as far as I know, we can't mix Emacs Lisp procedures together with
Calc commands in the same formula, like so:

vmax([2, 3, '(max 2 4)])

The example above would cause an error. 'max is a "native" Emacs Lisp
procedure that would return the maximum value from the values given.

Happy hacking! :)

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com