Re: [O] setting local variables

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] setting local variables
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2017 22:10:59 +0000

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017, 5:54 PM Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm trying to locally set `sentence-end-double-space' to t, to conform
to the Emacs manual style. If I set it at the top of the file with:

-*- sentence-end-double-space: t -*-

It should be the very first line and prefixed with Org comment characters "# ".

That line appears in the exported *.texi/*.info files (which I don't
think it should!).

May be you missed out the "# "?

How do you all set local variables in Org files to be exported?

I put this at the bottom of each Org file and it works well:

=====
* Footnotes
* COMMENT Local Variables :ARCHIVE:
# Local Variables:
# fill-column: 70
# eval: (auto-fill-mode 1)
# End:
=====

(Pre-adding empty Footnotes section too so that if I add footnotes, the file-end comments don't end up in Footnotes.)
--

Kaushal Modi