Re: [O] refile workflow -- move to same heading in different file?

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] refile workflow -- move to same heading in different file?
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 05:21:25 -0500

"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:

> I get the same [No Match] result that I was getting originally.

Sounds like something is wrong with your installation or config.  Did
you try with "emacs -q"?

> I'm really not happy about needing yet another package just to get
> some basic functionality to work.

I suggested that it would help the troubleshooting process, not that
it's required.

> Besides, "package-install RET helm RET" results in yet another [No
> Match].

I guess you don't have MELPA configured.

> Makes me think I should wipe out Emacs entirely and do a fresh
> installation.

I would try with "emacs -q" first.  Although since you're on Windows, it
wouldn't surprise me if something isn't setup correctly.  How did you
install Emacs?

> Meanwhile, if Helm is needed to make this work, maybe it should be
> documented.  I wonder if it works for anyone who's not using Helm....

It's not, and it does.

> Gosh, I was really hoping to be doing export to ODT or PDF by now!

If you don't have time to fix it, you could export to HTML and convert
it with Pandoc.