Re: [O] Bug? Setting #+OPTIONS: title:nil Seems to Be Ignored in HTML Ex

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Bug? Setting #+OPTIONS: title:nil Seems to Be Ignored in HTML Export.
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 12:38:06 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks for checking. The validator (the default one in org-html-postamble)
>> never worked for me, probably because of something being blocked at work..
>> I get this when I click the validator link:
>>
>> =====
>> Sorry! This document cannot be checked.
>> No Referer header found!
>>
>> You have requested we check the referring page, but your browser did not
>> send the HTTP "Referer" header field. This can be for several reasons, but
>> most commonly it is because your browser does not know about this header,
>> has been configured not to send one, transferred the referring document
>> over a secure protocol such as https but is accessing the validator over
>> ordinary non-secure http, or is behind a proxy or firewall that strips it
>> out of the request before it reaches us.
>>
>> This is not an error in the referring page!
>> =====
>
> There’s definitely some sort of issue...
>
> I guess this is for a local file?  I guess it needs to be publicly
> available.  But it doesn’t seem to work all the time even for public
> pages.
>
> Using the following example, it only works from the http version, not the
> https version.

Https pages not working is a known "bug" cf.

    https://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#faq-referer

If a JS solution is OK, we could do something like this:

     onclick="this.href=
    'https://validator.w3.org/check?uri='+encodeURIComponent(document.URL)">
    Validate
  </a>

This would work with public https pages if JS is supported.  See:

    https://validator.w3.org/favelets.html
    https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2005Mar/0011.html

I have not found a way to send the raw source code via an url for local
files.

Rasmus

--
Dobbelt-A