[O] Escaping links

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: [O] Escaping links
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:26:50 +0200

Hi,

Are links to a file whose name already holds (url-)escaped chars supported?

If I have a directory named "c:/temp/foo bar/"
and files in this directory named
foo.txt
foo bar.txt
foo%2Fbar.txt

I can create links in an Org buffer by using `insert' but I find the situation a bit confusing.

#+LINK: temp file:c:/temp/%s

1. [[temp:foo bar/foo bar.txt]]
2. [[temp:foo%20bar/foo bar.txt]]
3. [[temp:foo bar/foo%20bar.txt]]
4. [[temp:foo%20bar/foo%20bar.txt]]

All of these links seem to work the same way.

5. [[temp:foo bar/foo%2Fbar.txt]]
6. [[temp:foo bar/foo%252Fbar.txt]]
7. [[temp:foo%20bar/foo%252Fbar.txt]]

Link 5 does not work.

Link 6 and 7 do work: as long as I press enter on the link, I visit the file.

Unfortunately, if I edit these links with 'C-c C-l', doing nothing (return), Org replaces the escaped chars and unescape them.

I have grabbed files whose name hold such %2F %3A and so on escaped chars.
Do I have any option to make a link point at them or should I rename them?

Regards,

Fabrice