[O] org-publish an org-mode outline

From: Bob Newell
Subject: [O] org-publish an org-mode outline
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 18:57:09 -1000

I may be overlooking something simple here, but I'm having a problem
with org-publish. When I try to publish a page containing something like
this (minimal example):

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
* top
** level 2
*** level 3
#+END_EXAMPLE

what happens is that 'top' etc. get interpreted as section markers (the
'example' seems to be overlooked).

To get it to be an actual code example I have to indent the * to make
the line a non-headline, " * top" instead of "* top" for instance.

What kind of dumb mistake am I making? I've been using org-publish for a
while but all my code samples so far haven't included org-mode headlines.

Mahalo in advance.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i