Re: [O] Bug: Symbol's value as variable is void: org-src-lang-modes

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Symbol's value as variable is void: org-src-lang-modes
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 20:10:38 +0000

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 3:48 PM Elliott Slaughter <address@hidden> wrote:
Actually, the backtrace goes through the el-get loaddefs file, so maybe something is going wrong there. Let me check with the el-get developers and see if they know what is going on.

Yes, that's very likely. I have been building Org from master branch and it has been working fine.

C-h v org-src-lang-modes tells that it is defined in org-src.el.

So you probably have a mixed installation where an old org-src.el is loaded which doesn't have that variable defined.

(I had recently written about how to install the development version of Org without causing mixed installations: https://scripter.co/building-org-development-version/ .)

--

Kaushal Modi