[O] named anchors in HTML export

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: [O] named anchors in HTML export
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 22:43:08 +0100

Hi there,

I'm using org2blog and trying to mark certain parts of a blog post
with a named anchor for permanent linking. However, org2blog relies on
Org's native HTML export, so really this post is just questions about
HTML Export.

I've managed to get sections anchored using a CUSTOM_ID property.
However based on

    http://orgmode.org/manual/Internal-links.html#Internal-links

I was also expecting to be able to use #+NAME: foo in front of a
headline or even other elements like paragraphs, but this doesn't
work. Is this a bug, or am I misreading the manual?

 Is there any way of creating an anchor for an arbitrary element,
short of some ugly "+HTML" hack?

By the way, this question is also being tracked here:

    https://github.com/org2blog/org2blog/issues/239

Thanks!
Adam