Re: [O] TIMEZONE property for ical export

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] TIMEZONE property for ical export
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 12:56:40 -0700

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> BTW, as long as Org doesn't support time zones, the "ox-icalendar"
>>> property may be prefixed with "ICALENDAR_" (e.g., ICALENDAR_TZ).
>>
>> Done!
>
> I realize this is not a great idea since other properties do not have
> "ICALENDAR_" prefix. Sorry about that. I suggest to go back to TIMEZONE.

No problem.

>> How does the attached patch look?
>
>> -         (cat (org-icalendar-get-categories entry info)))
>> +         (cat (org-icalendar-get-categories entry info))
>> +         (tz (org-element-property :ICALENDAR_TZ entry)))
>
> Note that "ICALENDAR_TZ" is not inherited in this case. Neither are
> LOCATION and so on, tho. You would need to use
> `org-export-get-node-property' in conjunction with
> `org-property-inherit-p'.

It's a little strange, because the manual section for this specifically
mentions the inheritance of the LOCATION property, but the code doesn't
do it. Shall I add it in? It makes sense for LOCATION and TIMEZONE to be
inheritable, but not SUMMARY and DESCRIPTION, of course.

If I add inheritance, that will look like this, right?

(tz (org-export-get-node-property :LOCATION entry
                                  (org-property-inherit-p :LOCATION)))

That could also be a separate, second commit.

>> -event belongs to.
>> +event belongs to. TIMEZONE specifies a time zone for this event
>> +only.
>
> Missing space.
>
> Could you add a commit message and an ORG-NEWS entry?

I've added an ORG-NEWS entry. The patch in my last message was done with
git format-patch, isn't that commit message okay?

Eric