Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 08:06:19 +1000

One of the reasons I moved to using mu4e for email was because I was
told I could use orgStruct mode and write my email using org structured
editing.

The reality has been somewhat disappointing. One of the main things I
wanted was better handling of lists and this is one area of orgstruct
mode which certainly doesn't work correctly.

So, given what you say and the fact the mode isn't working as
advertised, I tend to agree. Just adding a note to my org task list to
look at outshine.el, which I wasn't aware of. If I really need org
structural editing for writing an email, I'll write it in an org-mode
file and then transfer it to a message buffer - as you point out, there
is lots in org mode which makes no sense in an email buffer anyway!

Tim

--
Tim Cross