Re: [O] switch export subtree

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] switch export subtree
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:25:49 +0000

> On Aug 24, 2017, at 12:12 AM, Sébastien Le Maguer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to switch of the export of a specific subtree in a
> document using a specific exporter. For example, let's assume the document
>
> * Section 1
> ** Subsection 11
> ** Subsection 12
>
> I would like to export only Subsection 11 into HTML and only Subsection 12
> into LATEX/PDF.
>
> Is there some kind of property to control that ? Or maybe another way ?

You want to use tags.

See

(info "(org) Tags")
(info "(org) Export settings")

Something like this should do it. Other backends will include both.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results :results value
  (setq org-export-select-tags
        (case org-export-current-backend
              ('latex '("latex"))
              ('html '("html"))))
#+END_SRC

* abc                                                                 :latex:
hi this is latex

* def                                                                 :html:
hi this is html

HTH,

Chuck