[O] LaTeX > PDF blocked by extender chars in filename

From: Eduardo Mercovich
Subject: [O] LaTeX > PDF blocked by extender chars in filename
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:43:48 -0300

Dear all.

I hope this is the right place to share this. If not, please forgive me for the bothering and point me to the right place.

When a referenced file has an extended character in it's filename, the export to pdf function ends without export nor any informative error.

I found it by chance... I do most of my work in spanish but I tend not to use spaces or extended chars (á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ at least) in filenames to simplify potential issues with the OS. However, today a "ñ" slipped by and suddently I couldn't export the document to pdf. I found no other information in the messages buffer than buffername".pdf wasn't produced". It took me some time to bisect the origin and finally got it.
The file > img/ProcesoDeDiseñoDeInteraccion.pdf

was translated/inserted on the org buffer as > img/ProcesoDeDise%C3%B1oDeInteraccion.pdf

Is this how it's supposed to be?

Some relevant info:

+ OS: Debian 8.9
+ Emacs: GNU Emacs 24.5.1 of 2016-03-19 on trouble, modified by Debian
+ Org-mode: Org-mode version 8.3.4 (8.3.4-88-g792bb9-elpaplus)

locale says:
LANG=es_AR.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=es_AR:es
LC_CTYPE="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_AR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Is it any other test or info that could be useful? I'd be glad to help. Thanks a lot, as always, for such a worderful tool and community. :)

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos con las necesidades del mundo, ahí está tu vocación. (Anónimo)