Re: [O] [ANN] Agenda speed up

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Agenda speed up
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 09:32:20 +0100

    Russell> On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 06:16:50PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou
    Russell> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I rewrote the part responsible for agenda generation in
    >> "org-agenda.el".  Basically, I refactored some hot loops and
    >> introduced a cache mechanism for data extracted out of agenda
    >> files.

    Russell> Sounds awesome.

    >> The only thing that is expected to be defective is
    >> `org-agenda-include-inactive-timestamps'. It has no effect at the
    >> moment. I can activate it again, but I'm wondering if it's worth
    >> the overhead. It is already possible to display clocks and closed
    >> timestamps in the agenda. Other inactive timestamps could be
    >> ignored from the agenda altogether. This is their sole purpose,
    >> after all. WDYT?

--- snip ---

    Russell> Please consider preserving the existing inactive timestamps
    Russell> functionality.

I too find inactive timestamps to be extremely useful, and would like
the ability to use them in their present form to be preserved. For me,
they are one of the (many :-) great things about org-mode.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter
address@hidden
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8