Re: [O] [ANN] Agenda speed up

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Agenda speed up
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:37:02 +0100

On Wednesday, 30 Aug 2017 at 17:00, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> I think I spotted the problem. I updated the branch. Could you try
> again?

Done.  Attached is the resulting file from elp; much much better!  I
haven't rerun the default agenda as my agenda files may have changed but
only by 1-3 new entries.

Question as an aside: how do I best get the updates with git?  If I
checkout the branch, it tells me that I am 1 commit ahead and the remote
is 7 commits ahead (for instance).  I find I have to delete the branch
and then reacquire.  I'm not a big git user (mercurial is my VCS of
choice).

> Also, are there missing entries (besides inactive timestamps)? If so,
> would they be related to inlinetasks?

I haven't seen any missing entries since that first time.  I do not tend
to use inlinetasks in my agenda files, only within project specific
files which are not searched by the default agenda views.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.10-715-g8b5b2c