Re: [O] Automatic mtime and ctime on all or select group of trees?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: [O] Automatic mtime and ctime on all or select group of trees?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 10:20:35 -0400

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thursday, 31 Aug 2017 at 07:55, Tim Visher wrote:
> I would like to track the time I created a tree and the last time it was
> edited, like ctime and mtime on a filesystem. Is that possible to have
> happen automatically?

I don't know of any org mechanism for handling this, especially the
modified time element.  However, I would suggest you consider using a
revision control system (mercurial, git) which would allow even finer
tracking than this...

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't really meet my needs here in that I'm really looking for org to behave more like a filesystem, not something that I have to manually commit changes to.

If this doesn't already exist, does org already provide hooks or something that I can plug in to? I would assume a heading-created and heading-modified hook of some kind would allow me to implement my own solution fairly cleanly.