Re: [O] ics calendar?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] ics calendar?
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 17:00:35 +0100

On Thursday,  7 Sep 2017 at 10:18, Matt Price wrote:
> So I'm really just asking whether other people do ics exports and if
> so, how you structure the org source files and so forth.

I use ics export to make my calendar available to my phone.  I have a
script that I run periodically which has the following lines:

DIARY=...where my diary.org file resides...
emacs -Q --batch --debug-init \
    --directory=${HOME}/s/emacs \
    --load=custom.el \
    --load=esf-org.el --visit=${DIARY}.org
--eval='(org-icalendar-export-to-ics)'

and I then copy the resulting ics file to where Google Calendar, for
instance, can find it.  My custom.el has all of my Emacs customizations
and esf-org.el my org specific customizations.

I export all of my appointments and nothing else.  Tasks etc. are in
other org files.  I simply want my Pebble watch to vibrate when I have
an upcoming appointment and that's connected to my phone which needs my
calendar etc. etc. etc. :-) Sounds like the "For the want of a nail, the
kingdom was lost" kind of story: from Emacs via org to my watch in N
easy steps!

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.10-723-g23eba9