Re: [O] ox-html export bug

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] ox-html export bug
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 00:37:43 +0200

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

>> That said, the first option is better because if I'm setting a CUSTOM_ID,
>> that's what should be used for internal links...
>>

> I agree with that. Ideally, if you set a CUSTOM_ID, then it should replace
> the default org generated id.

Using raw CUSTOM_ID value in exported documents is an issue because it
requires the user to know, ahead of time, what are the allowed
characters in the output format. As an example, I would consider it to
be a bug if Org refused to export my document to pdf because I had
chosen "100%" as a custom ID somewhere in the document.

However, HTML is a bit special in this case, because users expect to see
custom ID in the address bar of their browser.

Hopefully this is now fixed.

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738