Re: [O] Flattening references in ODT export

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Flattening references in ODT export
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 04:31:37 -0400

---- On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 04:18:08 -0400 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote
----
> >  ---- On Sat, 09 Sep 2017 05:06:24 -0400 James Harkins <address@hidden>
> > wrote ----
> >> I guess next I'm going to try to hack ox-odt.el...
> >
> > Hm, that's going to be too complicated.
>
> I can help you doing so.

Thanks. At this point, I've decided to abandon org export so that I can have
more direct control over the captions and indexes. A bit painful decision,
because I really like the way org handles in-line formatting, but the final
document needs to "just work."

But... it might be an enhancement to put on the wish list. As far as I can see,
org assumes that figure categories should always be kept separate and indexed
separately, and the assumption seems to be embedded pretty deeply. It would be
worth having a switch in the export options to turn that off.

hjh