Re: [O] Bug in ox.el

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug in ox.el
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:38:20 +0200

Hello,

Qiang Fang <address@hidden> writes:

> The standard version of org has a lot of limitations.

Please report them, and, if possible, help fixing them.

> In case you won't check the issue because of it not copy right. The complete
> bug
> report is:
>
> "Lisp nesting exceeds ‘max-lisp-eval-depth’" exceeded, when using
> cookies with List Tables.

Does this issue happen with "ox-odt.el" bundled with Org? If so, could
you provide an ECM?

> org-export-table-cell-alignment uses org-export-data to infer cookies of some
> columns. I think, it should use other mechanisms like
> org-element-interpret-data
> (may be).

I disagree. For example

  | @@html:<b>text</b> 1.2 |

doesn't express a number with `org-element-interpret-data', although it
is a number when exporting, i.e., to LaTeX.

There is only one way to know if the cell is going to be a number during
export: effectively exporting it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou