Re: [O] Insert heading above current one

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Insert heading above current one
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 22:21:46 +0200

Luciano Passuello <address@hidden> writes:

> Isn't that consistent with the regular org-insert-heading (M-RET)?
> When cursor is in the beginning of a headline, there's no way to
> create a heading below that line (using standard M-RET). It will
> always create it above. So, having the cursor in the beginning of the
> line overrides the standard behavior. Unless we move the cursor
> somewhere else, that feature is also lost.

Sorry, but this makes no sense. You want to insert a headline above
current one? Use M-RET. You want it below current headline? Use C-RET.
You have the best of both worlds, any behaviour is still available to
your fingertips.

> I see no reason why C-RET should behave differently, even if only for
> consistency reasons.

I do see reasons, and I explained them. M-RET and C-RET/C-u M-RET are
different beasts, just don't expect them to behave exactly the same.

I stand on my ground: current behaviour is better.

Regards,