[O] Possible to Change Export Options Mid-Export?

From: Keith Sutton
Subject: [O] Possible to Change Export Options Mid-Export?
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:18:32 -0700

For most of the export options, it makes sense to set them up once and
then leave them alone. There are occasionally some that seem like they
should be able to be changed partway through an export, though.

The HTML export in ox-html.el has
org-html-table-use-header-tags-for-first-column. I have an org
document with a few tables. One of them is a grid to read off the
intersection of row and column, and should use header tags for the
first column. The rest are normal tables with a single table header.
Is it somehow possible to change this option for the one table and
then change it back?

Similar question for smart quotes. Mostly I want them on, except for a
table or paragraph where I don't (and verbatim or code formatting
doesn't quite seem like the right thing to do).

--
Keith Sutton