Re: [O] [RFC] org-agenda: Jump directly to line in case of a timestamp

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] org-agenda: Jump directly to line in case of a timestamp
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 17:14:21 +0200

Hello,

Marco Wahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Let's say in an Org file you have the following plain list.
>
> * test
>
> - <2017-10-07 Sat 16:25> Start writing the RFC.
> - <2017-10-07 Sat 16:29> Thought: "Will somebody notice?"
> - <2017-10-07 Sat 16:30> Sent the RFC to the list.
>
> For each list item a corresponding line appears in the day agenda.
>
>   .tmp        .:16:25...... test
>   .tmp        .:16:29...... test
>   .tmp        .:16:30...... test
>
> Pressing TAB in the agenda would jump to the respective plain list item.
>
> Find the concrete patch below.
>
> WDYT?

I have the feeling that both behaviours are useful. All things being
equal, this is the entry being displayed in the Agenda, not necessarily
the line containing the timestamp. Moreover this feature could be less
meaningful if `org-agenda-skip-additional-timestamps-same-entry' is
non-nil.

Maybe an optional argument could allow one to switch from one behaviour
to the other. I have no strong opinion about this, though.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou