[O] Recent regression in Org master with parsing of verbatim code with s

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Recent regression in Org master with parsing of verbatim code with spaces
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:08:21 +0000

Hello,

I just noticed a regression in master when compared to 9.1.2.

MWE:

=====
=title = "foo"​=

~title = "foo"​~
=====

On master:

C-c C-e t A outputs (ignoring, author, title, toc, etc):

=====
=title = "foo"​=

~title = "foo"​~
=====

Also the above text does NOT get fontified as verbatim in the Org buffer.

On 9.1.2 (that's on emacs-26 branch):

C-c C-e t A outputs (ignoring, author, title, toc, etc):

=====
`title = "foo"​'

`title = "foo"​'
=====

Also the above text DOES get fontified as verbatim in the Org buffer.

I scanned through recent commits, but haven't yet figured out which commit affected this. Before I end up with git bisect, does anyone know a master branch commit that could have caused this?
--

Kaushal Modi