Re: [O] Fontification for the inner bloc of two nested bloc

From: Pierre-André Cornillon
Subject: Re: [O] Fontification for the inner bloc of two nested bloc
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:54:08 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Pierre-André Cornillon <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Dear orgmode users/gurus,
>>
>> I have a question about fontification of inner src bloc.
>>
>> I have two nested blocks: one special (outer bloc) and one src (inner
>> bloc) like this
>>
>> #+begin_bloc20171001122500
>> #+begin_src R
>>   blip <- runif(2)
>>   test <- rnorm(2)
>> #+end_src
>>
>> #+end_bloc20171001122500
>>
>> and I want to have the native fontification property for the inner one.
>>
>> I have already (setq org-src-fontify-natively t) in my .emacs and it
>> works like a charm for src blocks alone (not nested) but for nested
>> ones it breaks.
>>
>> Is nested blocks are allowed and if so, is that possible to have that
>> fontification property ?
>
> Nested blocks are allowed, but the fontification system has a few
> shortcomings, including this one. Ultimately, this part of Org needs to
> be rewritten using the parser.
what is "the parser" exactly ?

> Anyway The bug probably lies in `org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks-1'.
> Do you want to investigate?

I agree that the regular search expression in the
org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks-1 seems to match only one level of
src block. I am not an elisp programmer but splitting
the function in two part will allow to make it recursive (and thus to
cope with several level of nested src block) ? Well it's pure
speculation without testing...

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou