Re: [O] Recent regression in Org master with parsing of verbatim code wi

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Recent regression in Org master with parsing of verbatim code with spaces
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:43:04 +0000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:35 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Again, that's the whole point of the change. So, to move discussion
forward, what do you need the zero width space for, in this particular
case?

I do not need zero width space.. I mentioned it and tried it because you said:

IIRC, the change allowed to use zero-width space as a way to escape markup.

I believe we have some confusion here.

For clarity: I do not plan to use zero-width space for escaping markup.

> Also below does not work.
>
> =title <ZWS>= "foo"​=
>
> (where <ZWS> is the unicode 0x200b inserted for ZERO WIDTH SPACE)

What "does not work"? What do you want to achieve?

I expect  "=title = "foo"​=" to export to `title = "foo"​' as before (using ASCII backend as example as in my first post).

Before this change:
- =title = "foo"​= got fontified with org-verbatim face
- =title = "foo"​= exported to `title = "foo"​ (C-c C-e t A)

After this change:
- =title = "foo"​= does not get fontified with org-verbatim face (no Org face is applied)
- =title = "foo"​= exports to =title = "foo"​= as it is​ (C-c C-e t A)
--

Kaushal Modi