Re: [O] Bug: syntax highlighting in ox-odt and emacs26+ broken [9.1.2 (9

From: Jay Kamat
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: syntax highlighting in ox-odt and emacs26+ broken [9.1.2 (9.1.2-elpa @ /home/jay/Code/tmp/emacs/lisp/org/)]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 00:47:52 -0400

I submitted a bug report to emacs core, and Eli says:

> Having read all of the references and discussions you've provided, I
> see no evidence that this is an Emacs issue, as opposed to an Org
> issue.  I think the Org developers should take a look at this first,
> and only if they provide clear evidence that the problem is due to
> Emacs, should the problem come here.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-10/msg00163.html

I tried to take a look at this, but this problem seems more subtle than
I originally thought. The `org-odt-src-block' function seems to be
returning the exact same thing in both scenarios, so the problem
(unfortunately) must be related to the highest level (where the odt is
stitched together). I'll try to keep looking at this, but I would
appreciate if someone else could take a look. I would also be happy to
accept any pointers relating to the ox-odt build process.

-Jay