Re: [O] function for inserting a block

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] function for inserting a block
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 18:55:46 +0200

Hello,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017, 5:43 PM Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> @Eric: I believe you were sort of onboard with this suggestion, just gated
>> by a doubt if this actually can make into master.
>
> In principle yes, I agree it's odd to have two completely different
> systems for essentially doing the same thing.

I agree, but I don't like much the easy template system. We're basically
re-inventing the wheel. Better solutions already exist. Some of them
even ship with Emacs.

I think the function could replace the template system altogether. It's
easy enough to mimic current system with, e.g., Yasnippet.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou