Re: [O] org-capture quitting and make-capture-frame

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: [O] org-capture quitting and make-capture-frame
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 16:41:47 -0400

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017, at 04:03 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Wouldn't it make more sense to turn it into
>
>  (message "Abort")
>
> ? After all, it is not an error. It also allow to call other functions,
> e.g., `delete-frame' after exiting capture.
>
> WDYT?

I did think it was odd that this called an error, as it isn't an error
at all.

I'm not sure how calling `(message ...)` at that point would enable
calling `delete-frame` after exiting capture? At the moment I'm calling
`delete` frame it by advising org-capture-destroy and
org-capture-finalize. I don't think either are called when you quit out
of the template selection dialog. Quitting needs to do something that
you can respond to, either with a hook, an advised function or something
else?

My proposal was just the first thing that I thought of, I'm sure there
are better solutions. That could be (message ...), but I'm missing
something in that case.

Best,

Tyler