Re: [O] Error during org-export

From: Gian-Maria Daffré
Subject: Re: [O] Error during org-export
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 09:54:28 +0100

Hello Eric,

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 12:38:37 +0000
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sunday, 29 Oct 2017 at 08:57, Gian-Maria Daffré wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > This helped a lot...
>
> Glad I could help.  However, your original problem still remains.

Agree.

> You should be able to export using the latest version of org
> (i.e. 9.1.2).  It would seem that your configuration is making reference
> to the default version of org *before* you ask for the new version.
>
> I find that you need to have your package-initialize as the first thing
> in your .emacs to ensure that the new version of org takes
> precedence.  Have you tried doing this with v9.1.2 installed?
>
> --
> : Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.2-117-g5b2b8f

The beginning of my .emacs file looked like this:

(server-start)
(setq package-enable-at-startup t)
(package-initialize)

Changed it now to this:
(package-initialize)
(setq package-enable-at-startup t)
(server-start)

Everything is working fine now. Thanks very much for your help,
I would never have found that solution by myself.

Best,
Giammi

--
Gian-Maria Daffré <address@hidden>