[O] Org emphasis markers inside src blocks causes incorrect fontificatio

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Org emphasis markers inside src blocks causes incorrect fontification
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 20:08:20 +0000

Hello,

I increase the number of consecutive lines to be parsed for Org emphasis to 20 lines using:

=====
 (setcar (nthcdr 4 org-emphasis-regexp-components) 20) ;Up to 20 lines,     (org-set-emph-re 'org-emphasis-regexp-components org-emphasis-regexp-components)
=====

With that set, I see that equal signs in source blocks falsely trigger the org-verbatim fontification. And I see this[1]. Notice the fontification in the attached image (link at bottom of this email).. The equal signs in the first src block initiate the org-verbatim fontification and that goes on till the equal signs in the next code block.. so Heading 2 shows up in org-verbatim face.

Here is the test file:

=====
* Heading 1
#+BEGIN_SRC nim
let foo = 0
doAssert foo == 0
#+END_SRC
** Heading 2
#+BEGIN_SRC nim
let bar = 0
doAssert bar == 0
#+END_SRC
=====

Shouldn't the presence of org emphasis markers be ignored when inside src blocks?

Org mode version 9.1.2 (release_9.1.2-202-g04e053 @ /home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/emacs-26/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)

I don't see this issue (or rather that issue is masked) if I evaluate:

=====
 (setcar (nthcdr 4 org-emphasis-regexp-components) 1) ;Back to default

[1]: https://i.imgur.com/6TmUoTS.png
--

Kaushal Modi