Re: [O] org-depend: TRIGGER XYZ(KEYWORD) not working

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] org-depend: TRIGGER XYZ(KEYWORD) not working
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 20:21:30 +0100

Hi Adrian,

* Adrian Bradd <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Examples:
>>
>>      * Top-Heading
>>
>>      ** TODO Here I invoke org-todo to DONE
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :TRIGGER: 2017-12-03-target(TODO)
>>      :END:
>>
>>      ** This should be changed to TODO
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :ID: 2017-12-03-target
>>      :END:
>>
>> ... this is working (i.e., "This should be changed to TODO" gets its
>> TODO keyword).
>>
>>      * Top-Heading with process indicator [0/2]
>>
>>      ** TODO Here I invoke org-todo to DONE
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :TRIGGER: 2017-12-03-target(TODO)
>>      :END:
>>
>>      ** This should be changed to TODO
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :ID: 2017-12-03-target
>>      :END:
>>
>> ... this is *not* working.
>>
>> However, anticipating the wrong position:
>>
>>      * Top-Heading with process indicator [0/2]
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :TRIGGER: 2017-12-03-target(TODO)
>>      :END:
>>
>>      ** TODO Here I invoke org-todo to DONE
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :TRIGGER: 2017-12-03-target(TODO)
>>      :END:
>>
>>      ** This should be changed to TODO
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :ID: 2017-12-03-target
>>      :END:
>>
>> ... is working. And according to this:
>>
>>      * Top-Heading with process indicator [0/2]
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :TRIGGER: 2017-12-03-target(TODO)
>>      :END:
>>
>>      ** TODO Here I invoke org-todo to DONE
>>
>>      ** This should be changed to TODO
>>      :PROPERTIES:
>>      :ID: 2017-12-03-target
>>      :END:
>>
>> ... this is also working. So the update of the process indicator
>> causes the wrong property drawer to be parsed for the relevant
>> TRIGGER property.
>>
>> Contrary to my previous assumption, this is issue is *not* related
>> to big and small files. This is purely related to the existing or
>> missing process indicator of the upper-level heading.
>>
>> I guess I have found the origin of the bug.
>

> I'm not able to reproduce what you are seeing above.

Damnit.

This is because I removed the wrong progress indicator from my
examples before posting. You have to change all "[0/2]" with "[%]"
and then you see the issue I described. It seems to be the case that
[/] do work whereas [%] do cause the described malfunctional
behaviour. I was using both and did remove the wrong one.

> I did see an issue with triggered headings not honouring note logging when
> the todo was set to DONE, but I haven't looked any closer at it just yet.

Oh.

> What version of org-mode are you running? If you are using the git version
> can you pull the latest on maint. I performed my testing on maint.

I was using git maint from a couple of days ago and I just updated
the repository.

> =E2=80=8BEven just being able to dig through some code and debug can be a m=
> ajor
> benefit. :-)

And I got the feeling that I learned more about how the elisp code
is working. I should do more debugging even for working code ;-)

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/