Re: [O] Bug: subtree archiving when Archive is not final headline yields

From: Allen Li
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: subtree archiving when Archive is not final headline yields bad visibility [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/25.2+gg1+12/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 12:52:05 -0800

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Allen Li <address@hidden> wrote:
> (Can reproduce with Org 9.1.3, submitting with emacs -Q)
>
> Using a file tmp.org:
>
>   * Foo
>   ** Archive     :ARCHIVE:
>   *** Test
>       :PROPERTIES:
>       :ARCHIVE_TIME: 2017-12-06 Wed 12:13
>       :END:
>   ** Bar
>
> This appears like so with default visibility:
>
>   * Foo
>   ** Archive     :ARCHIVE:...
>   ** Bar
>
> Archiving Bar with C-c C-x A yields:
>
>   * Foo
>   ** Archive     :ARCHIVE:...
>   *** Bar...
>
> Expected visibility:
>
>   * Foo
>   ** Archive     :ARCHIVE:...

Actually, this issue is a bit more severe.  point does not get left on
the next headline, which breaks my workflow of recording a macro for
C-c C-x A and tapping F4 many times.

According to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-10/msg00286.html

> AFAIK, there is no special location in the file for archived subtrees,
> i.e., there is nothing wrong with
>
>   * Some projects
>   ** Some item...
>   ** Archive :ARCHIVE:...
>   ** New entry...

This bug means that the Archive headline's position is significant.