Re: [O] Bug: shiftmeta[left|right] on multi line items [9.1.2 (release_9

From: Nathan Aclander
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: shiftmeta[left|right] on multi line items [9.1.2 (release_9.1.2-40-g6ca906 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 16:41:25 -0800

> I don't qualify this as a bug. These commands explicitly work when point
> is at the beginning of an item. Indeed, the sub-item may be arbitrarily
> large, contain tables... it would be confusing to move the whole
> sub-list when its structure is out of sight.

Why do you think it would be confusing to move the whole sub-list? Why
would it be move confusing when the point is on the sub-item vs. when
the point is on the parent item?

I think the inconsistency is unintuitive here, and causes confusion. And
I think since large sub-items already get moved when the point is
at the beginning, it would make sense to also move them when the point
is on the sub item.

Nathan